Skip to main content

Raspberry Apricot Cake

The perfect cake for summer is soft, fluffy and has lots of fruits in it - at least, that is my opinion. I love topping it with vanilla whipped cream and serve it with an iced coffee. 

Now, if you would like to enjoy a cake like that - I would suggest you try this raspberry apricot cake. It's easy to make ( another one-bowl recipe, yay!), fluffy and soft, and involves the fresh flavors of raspberries and apricots. I top it with some brown sugar to make it even more delicious.

Because I am using an 18 cm / 7" pan, this cake bakes a long time in the oven. So, if you do not want to wait that long (which I can totally understand..) I would suggest using a larger pan.

The base recipe for this cake is by redcurrantbakery - I used her basic vanilla cake and made my twists accordingly. The original recipe is linked here.

If you want to see the full process of baking this cake, check out my Instagram Account @tamarasbakings for a "Bake with me" video of this cake.


RECIPE


Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 175g sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • a pinch of salt
  • 100g yogurt (I used one with 3,8 % fat, the original recipe calls for full-fat Greek yogurt)
  • 90g vegetable oil
  • 50g milk
  • 150g flour
  • Baking soda & Baking powder: 1/2 tsp. each
  • 4 fresh, ripe apricots, cut in half
  • 60g frozen or fresh raspberries
  • some brown sugar (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Start by preheating your oven to 180°C/356 F and grease your baking tin with butter or oil. I used an 18cm/7" pan.
  2. Next, whisk together eggs, sugar, salt, milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
  3. Add the oil, and whisk again.
  4. Then, add in the flour, baking soda as well as baking powder, and the frozen raspberries. I suggest you cover them in some flour before adding them to the bowl because otherwise, they sink to the bottom of your cake.
  5. Pour the cake batter into the baking pan. Then, put the halved apricots on top and sprinkle some brown sugar over them.
  6. Bake the cake for about 70-80 minutes. After a while, when it is golden brown but not quite baked through, you can cover the cake with some aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
  7. Let the cake cool down, before slicing and serving with some whipped cream.
  8. Enjoy!





If you tried this recipe, make sure to tag me on your Instagram picture (@tamarasbakings)

For more sweet recipes, visit my recipe index or take a look at my Instagram account. I would love to welcome you as my new follower!





Popular Recipes

THE BEST BROWNIES: fudgy chocolate dream

Have you ever dreamed of fudgy, chocolatey Brownies?  Well, I have THE recipe that you're looking for. I changed some classic techniques and replaced a part of some of the most known ingredients to make the Brownies taste even better. So, if you want the perfect chocolate treat -jump to the recipe here. But I would appreciate if you read the following instructions to improve your Brownie -skills.  Let's go! What are the basic ingredients? For the perfect Brownies, you'll need: Butter and Coconut oil: the coconut oil gives the whole batter a really nice texture and makes the taste of the chocolate even more intense. Butter is one of the most basic but at the same time most important ingredients. To  create the fudgy consistency, we use melted butter and coconut oil . Chocolate: a Brownie without chocolate isn't a Brownie, right? So make sure to use high-quality chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa (70-80%). Sugar: I used a mixture of normal, g

Schokoladen Kaffee Kuchen (klein, one-bowl)

Wenn du auf der Suche nach einem saftigen und reichhaltigen Kuchen bist, der alle deine Schokoladen- und Kaffeeträume erfüllt, ist dieser Kuchen genau das Richtige. Für den Boden dieses Kuchens backe ich einen super einfachen Schokoladenteig mit Sauerrahm und echtem Espresso für den intensiven Kaffeegeschmack und die feuchte Konsistenz des Kuchens. Dann garniere ich den Kuchen mit einem Schokoladen-Kaffee-Frosting, auch das ist ganz einfach zuzubereiten. Wir verwenden Instantkaffee und Kakaopulver, um den Geschmack des Frostings noch zu verstärken. Wenn du möchtest, kannst du auch noch ein paar Beeren auf den Kuchen geben - ich denke, das würde den Kuchen noch leckere machen! Der Schokoladenkaffeeteig Für den Schokoladenkaffeeboden habe ich ein Rezept von freshbeanbakery als Orientierung verwendet. Ich verlinke ihr Originalrezept hier . Ich habe lediglich die heiße Milch gegen heißen, starken Kaffee ausgetauscht, um den Kaffeegeschmack zu erzielen. Auch der Rest des Rezepts ist ziemlic

Coffee Chocolate Cake (small batch, one-bowl)

  If you are looking for a moist and rich cake that fulfills all of your chocolate and coffee dreams, this one is for you. For the base of this cake, I am baking a super easy one-bowl chocolate dough with sour cream and real espresso for that rich and moist coffee taste. Then, I top the cake with a chocolate coffee frosting, it is super simple too. We are using instant coffee and cocoa powder to enhance our flavors even more. If you want, you could add some berries on top - I think that would make the cake even more special! The chocolate coffee dough For the chocolate coffee base, I used a recipe from freshbeanbakery as guidance. I'll link her original recipe here . I just swapped out the hot milk for hot strong coffee in order to achieve the coffee flavor. The rest of the recipe is pretty simple, too. We start by whisking together the cocoa powder, instant coffee, and hot espresso. This is called "blooming" your cocoa powder and enhances the chocolate flavor. Then we ad