Skip to main content

Do you want to learn how I create a short-form food video from start to finish?

I've been sharing my baking creations for more than five years on my Instagram Account @tamarasbakings. It all started with pictures but slowly, I transitioned into short-form videos, aka Reels.

In the beginning, I made them very detailed and experimented with different settings in my home, various backdrops and camera angles, editing techniques, etc. but over time I created an effective way to film my Reels and now I am sharing multiple ones per month.

Since I have the best followers in the world, I often get comments on how nice my editing is or how beautifully filmed my videos are. And I do pay close attention to the little details, like props and decor items, camera angles, and creating interest, so people genuinely want to watch my videos.

This all being said, I think it is time to show you how I create my "bake with me"-Reels. And that is why I created a Skillshare course to teach you exactly that!

In case you've never heard of Skillshare before, it is an online learning platform, where teachers from around the world share their knowledge on a particular topic. You can find courses for photography, productivity hacks and even hand-lettering. 

Each course also has its own project, which the participants can share with other students in the project gallery.

I love Skillshare because the courses are divided into small segments, so you can watch them at your own pace and connect with students with similar interests.

But now I want to talk a little bit more about my Skillshare course. It is called "From Setup to Upload - A Beginner's Guide to short-form food Videos". I divided the course into all the different aspects that are necessary for a short-form food video: Scenery Setup, Props & Decor Items, Camera Settings, Lighting, Editing, and Uploading to Instagram.

My course is designed for beginners, people who feel intimidated by the idea of filming a video, or people who have experience in food photography and want to start learning more about videography.

I share my tips and tricks with you, for example how I structure a shooting process, or what I do on gray and rainy days to make my videos bright and beautiful. 

The editing process that I show you can be made with the CapCut App on your Phone ( I am even using the free version, so no excuses here!). I guide you step by step through my own editing process with a real example and my thoughts on music, fonts, and voiceovers.

Also, you get to see some behind-the-scenes, and obviously delicious bakes!

In case you're interested now, I would be very happy if you could check out my Skillshare course here.

With this link, you'll get a 30-day free trail, instead of a 7-day one, so make sure you take advantage of that!





Popular Recipes

THE BEST BROWNIES: fudgy chocolate dream

Have you ever dreamed of fudgy, chocolatey Brownies?  Well, I have THE recipe that you're looking for. I changed some classic techniques and replaced a part of some of the most known ingredients to make the Brownies taste even better. So, if you want the perfect chocolate treat -jump to the recipe here. But I would appreciate if you read the following instructions to improve your Brownie -skills.  Let's go! What are the basic ingredients? For the perfect Brownies, you'll need: Butter and Coconut oil: the coconut oil gives the whole batter a really nice texture and makes the taste of the chocolate even more intense. Butter is one of the most basic but at the same time most important ingredients. To  create the fudgy consistency, we use melted butter and coconut oil . Chocolate: a Brownie without chocolate isn't a Brownie, right? So make sure to use high-quality chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa (70-80%). Sugar: I used a mixture of normal, g

Schokoladen Kaffee Kuchen (klein, one-bowl)

Wenn du auf der Suche nach einem saftigen und reichhaltigen Kuchen bist, der alle deine Schokoladen- und Kaffeeträume erfüllt, ist dieser Kuchen genau das Richtige. Für den Boden dieses Kuchens backe ich einen super einfachen Schokoladenteig mit Sauerrahm und echtem Espresso für den intensiven Kaffeegeschmack und die feuchte Konsistenz des Kuchens. Dann garniere ich den Kuchen mit einem Schokoladen-Kaffee-Frosting, auch das ist ganz einfach zuzubereiten. Wir verwenden Instantkaffee und Kakaopulver, um den Geschmack des Frostings noch zu verstärken. Wenn du möchtest, kannst du auch noch ein paar Beeren auf den Kuchen geben - ich denke, das würde den Kuchen noch leckere machen! Der Schokoladenkaffeeteig Für den Schokoladenkaffeeboden habe ich ein Rezept von freshbeanbakery als Orientierung verwendet. Ich verlinke ihr Originalrezept hier . Ich habe lediglich die heiße Milch gegen heißen, starken Kaffee ausgetauscht, um den Kaffeegeschmack zu erzielen. Auch der Rest des Rezepts ist ziemlic

Coffee Chocolate Cake (small batch, one-bowl)

  If you are looking for a moist and rich cake that fulfills all of your chocolate and coffee dreams, this one is for you. For the base of this cake, I am baking a super easy one-bowl chocolate dough with sour cream and real espresso for that rich and moist coffee taste. Then, I top the cake with a chocolate coffee frosting, it is super simple too. We are using instant coffee and cocoa powder to enhance our flavors even more. If you want, you could add some berries on top - I think that would make the cake even more special! The chocolate coffee dough For the chocolate coffee base, I used a recipe from freshbeanbakery as guidance. I'll link her original recipe here . I just swapped out the hot milk for hot strong coffee in order to achieve the coffee flavor. The rest of the recipe is pretty simple, too. We start by whisking together the cocoa powder, instant coffee, and hot espresso. This is called "blooming" your cocoa powder and enhances the chocolate flavor. Then we ad